Home Visits / House Calls
We are often asked whether we do home visits or house calls. This is something we feel is an important service but due to staffing levels and staff safety it may not be available at all times.
Some practices do not routinely do home visits but we do when we can. There are some important points to be aware of though;
- A home visit for an injured pet is not ideal - we would not be able to bring the practice facilities to you, and the best place for treatment would be the practice.
- A home visit for a pet that hates visiting the vets can be just as traumatic. Even making the pet fearful in their own home rather than it being a place of safety.
- Staff safety - we have a duty of care to our staff and depending on the situation it may not be possible for a member of staff to attend.
- Routine house visits are not possible. We do not have the staff available to call out and clip nails and give vaccines, although we are always willing to assess certain situtions and see whether this could happen, although you should also consider the costs involved in a home visit.
- It would be unlikely that we could do a home visit of a weekend/evening/Bank Holiday
The majority of home visits are for euthanasia; this is something that can be discussed prior to the visit. Obviously our availability to do home visits does rely on our staffing levels and work load - unfortunately it is unlikely we would be able to call out immediately should that be what you required. Most of our visits are done of an afternoon between 2 and 4pm, and we would call you to let you know that we are on our way.
What are the costs involved?
It depends on the time of day, but from 9am to 4pm the cost of a visit is £99.76, after that time it is £128.62. The visit fee does not include the treatment given.
- Zoe on the Booze! News Read 1148 times Read more...
- Is Your Pet Anxious - Try Kalm Aid News Read 1994 times Read more...
CHEQUES NO LONGER ACCEPTED
- The Dangers of Paracetamol & Permethrin News Read 3109 times Read more...
- Pet Insurance, try 4 weeks Free! News Read 2159 times Read more...
Latest Pet Care
- Instructions for Giving a Cat a Pill - Joke!!! Pet Care Read 867 times
Repeat Prescription Changes
- Rabbit Vaccination Information Pet Care Read 3487 times Read more...
- Moving Home With Your Cat Pet Care Read 3860 times Read more...
- Guinea Pigs Pet Care Read 4344 times Read more...